<![CDATA[Grant's Portfolio - Creator\'s Studio]]>Sat, 05 Dec 2015 03:52:22 -0800Weebly<![CDATA[Personal Project: Mystical Fins]]>Fri, 20 Nov 2015 17:30:49 GMThttp://grant12345678910.weebly.com/creators-studio/personal-project-mystical-finsFor my personal project, I made a surfboard fin with my pals Dylan and Christian. We used a MacBook Air to design the project through TinkerCad and we were able to use 3D printers at our school. The biggest challenge was finding exact measurements for the fin. We measured the size of a surfboard fin to find out the exact measurements. I enjoyed designing the project with TInkerCad and trying to make various designs for the fin. After making this project, I became a lot more familiar with TinkerCad and designing 3D prints. If I had more time, I would design the fin to a larger size.
]]>
<![CDATA[Humming Bird Project: Featuring Moby]]>Fri, 13 Nov 2015 03:26:14 GMThttp://grant12345678910.weebly.com/creators-studio/humming-bird-project-featuring-mobyThis time in Creator's, we created our own Humming Bird Project which as a computer program which allows you to use LED lights or motors and control them with a computer. You are also given the opportunity to use sensors. This lets your project react to the amount of light in a room or how close it is to an object and it well turn on a light or a motor. I designed Moby from Brain Pop with another student, Dylan Vincent. We used 4 LED lights, a servo motor, a Humming Bird device, a MacBook Air, a cardboard box, paper, USB cable. Dylan and I experienced issue with coding our project and using improper motors. We were using a regular motor instead of a servo and this had the project to twist causing the cables to tangle and it was a mess. Switching to the servo motor only let the project to spin 180 degrees and then turn. I loved seeing the project in action in the end. I enjoyed being able to wave my hand in front of it causing it to light up and spin. I had to learn about the Humming Bird device to create my project. I tried many different coding sets to get the project to work the way I originally imagined it to. Dylan and I tried four to six different sets until we finally got one to work. If I had more time and resources, I would make Moby life size and make it able to walk and sense things at a larger rate. 
]]>
<![CDATA[Automata Project: Featuring Awesome-O 3000]]>Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:19:35 GMThttp://grant12345678910.weebly.com/creators-studio/automata-project-featuring-awesome-o-3000In Creator's Studio, we are designing our own automata. I used an iPhone box, styrofoam, wooden sticks, silver braids and glue. I used a hot glue gun, special scissors, and a hole puncher. I ran into a problem about what I would put on top of the automata. After classes of thinking I decided to bring Awesome-O 3000 back from my previous project. I thought completing the project and getting it to function properly was the most fun part because all my work had finally paid off. I learned that getting help from others or suggestions can make your project better. If I had more time, I would add a background for my robot and try to get his arms to move.
]]>
<![CDATA[The Awesome-O 3000]]>Sun, 04 Oct 2015 21:33:53 GMThttp://grant12345678910.weebly.com/creators-studio/the-awesome-o-3000For my first project in Creator's Studio I decided to build a robot made of cardboard with bright red LED lights as the eyes. My project uses a square block of wood as a base, 2 small, red, LED lights, cardboard, a battery, a switch, and a resistor. I used a soldering iron to help electricity run through the wires, I used special scissors to make cutting through cardboard easy, and I used wire cutters to make the ends of the wires open so they can connect to other wires and let electricity go through. The most difficult part of my project was connecting the wires together. I spent half a class connecting the wires together and then I found out later that I connected them incorrectly so I had to restart. I took my time and followed the directions the next time to solve this problem. I had a lot of fun using the soldering iron to connect the wires. I found it very cool how melting wire into a liquid makes electricity pass through things more efficiently. If I had more time and resources, I would try to make my robot bigger, I would try to make it walk, grab things, and speak.
]]>